If your mailbox is anything like mine, besides the usual bills, it is often filled with ‘requests’. These are requests to support many worthwhile charities and organizations. They may be local, regional or national. I’m also guessing that like many others, your household income is already mostly designated. The utilities, medical, insurance, car, food, church, school needs, clothing bills, etc. all need paying. Due to the influx of requests, choosing where to spend our discretionary funds can become an exercise of investigation. We can’t and shouldn’t just give to every request. We are expected to be good stewards of our dollars and should choose wisely. We should take time to give it some thought and serious consideration.
Of course, the direction that this is leading is for a ‘request’! That means the annual Main Street Membership Drive. Consider becoming a “Friend of Main Street”. In the past, we have had individual and couple’s memberships. We realized these levels of membership should be somewhat different than the business and organization levels, even though they are equally important. That being said, we created the new “Friends of Main Street” program. If you believe in what the Main Street Program does for our community, please consider donating $20 to our program. In addition, you will receive 2 VIP tickets to the Community Picnic in July. When giving it some thought, below are a few reasons to help you decide.
The Top 10 Reasons to become a “Friend of Main Street”.
10. Help ‘drive’ the organization’s mission of building relationships between residents and
- Support promotional events like the Showcase, Miss Barnesville Pageant, Community Picnic, Toast of the Town, Show ‘n Shine Car Shows, Rummage Sales, Golf Tournament, Miracle on Front Street activities
8. Your contribution helps fund enhancements to beautify our town, as well as to welcome visitors and new residents
- Name recognition at several events and in publications throughout the year
- Evidence that you support Barnesville’s business community
- A chance to say “I care about our community!”
4. Opportunities to network with other community members making new friends, and possible
business connections for yourself
3. Improve & increase community spirit and well- being
- Opportunities to volunteer for programs, services and events
And the top reason to have Membership in the Main Street Program…
- Personal investment, satisfaction and pride that you help Barnesville grow and thrive
To all of you who have invested in the Main Street Program with your dollars by becoming a member, we would like to thank you. Your support is so appreciated and needed. We couldn’t do it without your generosity. Every membership dollar counts and helps us to fulfill our responsibilities. For anyone considering membership or who would like to know more, please give me a call. I would love to share more about Main Street with you.
Membership in Main Street Program is a sign of your commitment to Barnesville and making it a better place to live and work, grow and play…Building a Better Barnesville.